• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know why we fix things that are not broken?

hopefully as time passes we can figger it out and get back to some kind of normal. Dont rush it, slow down and it will be OK. I am learning new things each night as I search

If it ain’t broke, fix it until it is!

seriously through my employer is at the end of life for a JDE system it’s 22 years old and no longer to be supported.
$40 million is the price tag

Back in the day I used love software "Updates", learning how to customize it to my liking ect.
Now I think, "why can't this stuff just work, it's 2021 for goodness sake". Just part of getting old and not adjusting to change so easily I guess. :becky:

Of course as tech gets more complex, it doesn't work that way. The ODT team put in a lot of time and effort and I much appreciate it. :thumb:

Of course as tech gets more complex...
Eventually, AI will take over, and humans will be nothing more than a threat to the machines. ODT won't matter then, nor will human life.

1.png

People used to think they drove the best cars, though they had to change the points and plugs very frequently, pull and grease the wheel bearings, lube them in 20-30 different places and at75-90k miles they were completely worn out. We may not see the changes that are marked improvements because they may not be apparent from the view we have. The bottom line is this is not our business and not our decision to make. Our choice is to participate or not in the format that is made available. I choose to do so and adapt according because I really enjoy the site. YMMV.

Like the title says. The ODT has been my go to for not only the sport and hobby of firearms and firearm related items, but for entertainment, socializing with like minded individuals that share the same moral and political views as I do. And we sometimes share a sick and twisted sense of humor that contradicts my strict Baptist raising to a level that I truly believe God himself is entertained by at times, although he might be rolling his eyes. I love this website and its patrons( 99%) like I do my old dog. So, with that said, why in the hell, would someone over this past weekend, try to improve on something that I already felt was perfect ? I'm internet challenged on my best day.I Had everything the way I wanted it in order to list Items for sale, listen to opinions, get a laugh when I needed it, and watch anyone with liberal views get burned at the stake(not literally) and I always left with a smile on my face. So. Does anyone know why the perfection was tampered with, and made more challenging and downright hard to figure out how to upload pics in ads and various other things that I suppose I took for granted. All input is welcome whether in agreement or to just remind me I'm a technical dinosaur. My skin is real thick.
I'm with you man.It took me seven years to learn what an eight year old can do. now i have to learn all over.Well the people that are smart say's we needed this just like the covid shot i guess.

Back
Top Bottom