• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone not eat breakfast before deer hunt?

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
If anything I'll grab a snack bar and eat that but I eat light the day before so I'm not looking for a dirt toilet at 10am and I refuse to sit in a Waffle House to let all the smells totally permeate into my clothes absolutely destroying my scent control for the day.
Never hurts to bring apple slices.... One for me... One for Bambi..... One for me.... One for Bambi.

Although during the rut I've seen guys do the Waffle House thing then shoot a monster buck after they fall out of their tree stand, roll down the hill over their empty beer cans and shoot the buck that's staring at them.... Haha.

I don't usually stay out all day so I usually don't eat before I go in. In before sunup. Out by 10:30, back in for the afternoon for me.

Like you though I've seen guys break all the rules (smoke from the stand, piss out of it, crap ten feet behind it) and still shoot more than me.

Yeah my buddy smokes from the stand and i try to arrive before he does and dash into the woods if we hunt at the same area so I don't have to be exposed to his perpetual cigarette smoke.
He gets busted frequently and can't figure out why.

I personally begin every hunt by peeing out of the stand once I'm settled. No restaurants before a hunt but I do usually have a pop tart or something. I don't mind pooping in the woods especially if I'm on a public hunt, then I do it in the middle of the road/trail leading tward my hunting spot.

Back
Top Bottom