• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone not eat breakfast before deer hunt?

I wake up starving and eat soon as I get up if it's deer season or not. Sometimes I chew the handle off the bedroom door on my way to the kitchen. If I didn't eat before the hunt my stomach growling would spook everything in the woods.

Yeah been there with the growling stomach.
Had good luck taking a good quality antacid pill prior to hunt.
Couple extra candy bars for bad days.

Sometimes I eat before, sometimes not. It depends on how much time I have. It also depends on if I'm hunting all day. I usually take some beef jerky and water with me.

Although during the rut I've seen guys do the Waffle House thing then shoot a monster buck after they fall out of their tree stand, roll down the hill over their empty beer cans and shoot the buck that's staring at them.... Haha.

I am not much of a hunter but I know some hunters. Some of them fit this description exactly. Must be that piss they spray all over them before they go in.

I try to eat something doughy,...poptarts, muffins, what ever. Try to put something in my stomach so I did have to pee so much. And usually ( in cold weather hunts ) I try to poop before getting dressed. But 9 out of10 the feeling does not hit me until I get my long socks, thermal long jons, thermal long sheave shirt, camo shirt, como pants, boots, jacket, and all my gear on and then guess what? .................I got to go poop!!!!! Take all that crap back off ,do what I got do , then go hunt! Needless to say I start before sun up. And I am ready to hunt!
Don't pee out of the stand, got a old canteen (mill-surplus) I use. Take it out with me when I am done.
Just me.

Back
Top Bottom