• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone Reloaded NSI Primers before?

Charles R

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
56   0
Reaction score
Has anyone Reloaded NSI 209-688 Primers before? Any feedback would be great using them in AA Winchester or Super X Hulls. My concern is if I reload them once with an NSI 209-688 will the Hull require the same moving forward or can use W209 the next time. Best Regards

The Nobel Sport primers are larger in diameter than the W209 primers.
If you use them in AA hulls then try to use a W209 for the next time then the primers in some may not seat properly.
Here are 3 solutions:
1. Use them in the European hulls like Cheddite, Rio, or Fiocchi. I load AAs and STS for 12 and 20, but have been known to use the European hulls for 28 and 410 when hulls are in short supply. :D
2. Many folks set aside a batch of AA hulls to use exclusively with the Nobel Sport Primers.
3. You can also purchase a hull primer pocket conditioner to resize the primer pockets and use the same hulls later with W209 primers.

The Nobel Sport primers are larger in diameter than the W209 primers.
If you use them in AA hulls then try to use a W209 for the next time then the primers in some may not seat properly.
There are 3 solutions:
1. Use them in the European hulls like Cheddite, Rio, or Fiocchi. I load AAs and STS for 12 and 20, but have been known to use the European hulls for 28 and 410 when hulls are in short supply. :D
2. Many folks set aside a batch of AA hulls to use exclusively with the Nobel Sport Primers.
3. You can also purchase a hull primer pocket conditioner to resize the primer pockets and use the same hulls later with W209 primers.

Perfect..Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom