• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone Rethinking Their "One Common Caliber" Policy Now?

this is exactly why i limited my calibers last year, of the handguns i own i have enough ammo to keep me going for a while if i got to pack up and go i don't have several stashes to put with individual guns. a select few calibers and grab the guns and go.

point 2 if I carry 1000rounds of 9mm i will be carrying half the weight of you 45acp guys meaning i can almost double the stash I carry when setting out on foot 115 vs 240 grain.

now as far as availability, don't judge by what you can find on the shelf, in a SHTF scenario there will be no ammo on any shelf, you will be relying on what you can scavenge on the streets.

FYI.....1,000 rnds of 9MM 115 grn = approx 30lbs 1,000 rnds of 45ACP 230grn = approx 50lbs

I don't know about you but I'm not a pack mule so the thought of humping that much weight in just ammo makes my back and legs hurt just sitting here. If I'm on the streets it'll be light and fast.

I always consider that when buying a new piece. My main rifle round is 223/556, my main pistol rounds are 9mm & 45acp. I have some other calibers but for stockpiling I stick with those 3 calibers

I read an article about a month a go. He said the best gun to have is a Ruger Blackhawk .357. The new ones will shoot .357, 38sp and 9mm.
That said I have a 38sp, a 357, 9mm, 380, 25 and 22 pistol. I am looking for a good 45. That way I am covered.

im not rethinking it :D

if I run out I dont have to worry about my fantastic plastic and aluminum rifle breaking when I use it as a bat.

For a minute you guys scared me. I just went and checked my ammo supply, but it is just how I remember it. Crates of ammo stacked on top of other crates of ammo. What is this ammo shortage you are all speaking about?

LOL! I never did believe in limiting myself to one or even a very few calibers. But I STILL needed to branch out. I was stocking and able to shoot 9, 40, 45 and .380 in handgun and .22 LR. .223/5.56 and 7.6 in rifle. I've recently added 30-30 and 3006 and just based on WalMarts stock position I am seriously thinking about a .243 and .270.
Agree with this ^^^^ Every time I go to walmart I consider buying a 243. There are 3 walmarts within 15 miles that have 50+ boxes of 243 just lying on the shelf saying "buy me" Lol!

Back
Top Bottom