• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone Rethinking Their "One Common Caliber" Policy Now?

I told myself not to get into a new caliber and I went and did it anyway...and I have an ammo buying compulsion.

Heading to GA arms this morning...

I've got back to loading and enjoying the .38 special revolver rounds more in the last year or two.

I'd kinda forgotten just how much fun the 4" double action revolvers were to shoot.

The only thing I've really learned is that my strategy of buying ammo like there's no tomorrow when it is plentiful and there are no worries of bans, is a great idea. Warren Buffets trading advice of "do the opposite of what the masses are doing" holds true again. I'll happily ride out the shortage with no need to step foot into a store to buy ammo, or look at prices online.

this is exactly why i limited my calibers last year, of the handguns i own i have enough ammo to keep me going for a while if i got to pack up and go i don't have several stashes to put with individual guns. a select few calibers and grab the guns and go.

point 2 if I carry 1000rounds of 9mm i will be carrying half the weight of you 45acp guys meaning i can almost double the stash I carry when setting out on foot 115 vs 240 grain.

now as far as availability, don't judge by what you can find on the shelf, in a SHTF scenario there will be no ammo on any shelf, you will be relying on what you can scavenge on the streets.

LOL @ walkin round during the "apocalypse" with 1000 rds. in 1 hand and a lil 9 in the other talkin bout "I'm goin scavengin".

I mainly shot .22lr, 9mm, .223, and 7,62x39 because it was cheap, .15-.35 a round. I have a decent stock, but I haven't been shooting near as much because it's so hard to replace. It's amazing that I can shoot greek surplus '06 for cheaper than steel .223, as far as replacing it is concerned.

What he said, I have been holding on to mine.

One thing this has shown me is that the "it'll be easier to find when SHTF" argument is false, none of it will be easy if possible at all to find.

Most folks that use this statement are not talking about "finding" it at a store. That's the last place you'll find anything if SHTF happens. You'll be getting what you need from someone not some place.

I'm still good with my plans so far.

Back
Top Bottom