• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone used a FFL to ship a Rifle out of state?

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
Has anyone used a FFL to ship a Rifle out of state? What did it cost you? How difficult was it?

thanks for any info!!!

Anyone local to Marietta do this?

i have, was very easy. boxed it all up (use a plain no label box of course). Took it up to my FFL and cost me 30 bucks. If memory serves me correct though you can ship it out yourself as long as your shipping to an FFL, you just have to take it up to the distribution center for either fedex or ups, cant remember which one

little less familiar with that one as i never dabbled in it much myself but i thought the law was there that any c&R member could direct mail to another C&R member as long as all the books were kept up to date. prob still have to take it up to the distribution site though

I have, a few times. The most recent time, the cost was $35 at my local retail gun dealer in Cumming.
I think most of that cost was actual shipping charges by UPS or the Post Office.
I sent a rifle, by the way, so it would have been legal to ship through USPS if an FFL did it.

I've got a box that my K11 came in if you need it. Pretty stout but you'd need padding around the rifle. Wouldn't want it rattling around inside the box.

Coming to the RK show this weekend? I can bring it. Lemme know.

i have, was very easy. boxed it all up (use a plain no label box of course). Took it up to my FFL and cost me 30 bucks. If memory serves me correct though you can ship it out yourself as long as your shipping to an FFL, you just have to take it up to the distribution center for either fedex or ups, cant remember which one
You can open a UPS account, and for $7, they will come and pick it up. Will save most of us time and money...and the possible aggravation of getting the wrong agent behind the UPS counter, i.e. one that is clueless about FFL's.

Back
Top Bottom