• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone using A Dillon 650 for 308 for an A10

sold7

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
124   0
Reaction score
Have a single stage for my 308 bolt and a Dillon 650 for my high volume 9, 38, 357, 45ACP and 300 Blackout

Just picked up 2 new A10s a M&P10 and a Sig 716 and they can really eat the ammo. Only trying to do about 1 moa ammo for the A10s

Is any one successfully using the Dillon for 308 ( I don't mind a two pass run of decap and size then tumble and then progress load )

Let me know any good ideas or how to make the powder measure on the progressive more accurate.

Using XBR or 4895 powder.

Thanks for any advice.

My suggestion is 8208 for powder.....it meters excellently for me.....but when loading rifle on a progressive as long as your load isn't near max, a variance of a grain of powder seems like a lot, but it's really not for general blasting ammo. Most times you might get a .3 variance which is completely acceptable

My suggestion is 8208 for powder.....it meters excellently for me.....but when loading rifle on a progressive as long as your load isn't near max, a variance of a grain of powder seems like a lot, but it's really not for general blasting ammo. Most times you might get a .3 variance which is completely acceptable

Yea that's what I am seeing on my test run. Need to get to the range and be sure the mid power loads cycle both guns

the trick will be finding more 8208 when I run out

Gassers tear cases up. I'm on load 10 on some win brass in my bolt gun. Pockets are near their end though. My friends old pof was on load 6 but it had a match chamber and I could measure the headspace and size just enough. Win brass

I haven't used a progressive for my rifle rounds, but I can say my 716 didn't like the Hornady dies. I switched over to the AR series RCBS and they have been working good. I have had trouble with the Peruvian milsurp brass not sizing back down to spec, but everything else has been running good. I bought several 50-round boxes of the CBC/Magtech and have just reloaded my first box, so far so good, we'll see how long it lasts...

Back
Top Bottom