• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone want to have a little fishing challenge?

Are you in the 2013 livwell challenge?

• Total voters

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
First, I'm a terrible fisherman (but I still go). Secondly, I'd rather something that someone with access to just a decent farm pond and/or no boat could still make a run at instead of having to run all over the state in a high dollar rig. Third, the size of the fish shouldn't matter (since I always seem to catch batch :rolleyes: ). Fourth, people should fish more and wish less and try out some variety.
With all that in mind, what would think about something like this? (Cut and paste from a contest I run on my little site the last handful of years)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This the official entry thread for the 2013 spring/summer mixed livewell challenge. Your 'entry fee' is your "go to" fishing lure (or other fishing related item) of your choice. If you are in, vote in the poll and post in this thread with what your entry fee will be.

One point for each species, legally caught on rod and reel in Georgia, as listed:

1) Bream (all varieties)
2) Catfish (all species)
3) Black Bass (all species; largemouth, spots, shoalies, etc...)
4) Stripers or Whites or Hybrids
5) Crappie (either type)
6) Walleye (or Redfish for those near the coast)
7) Yellow perch
8) Trout (fresh or salt water for those near the coast, all species)
9) Gar
10) Carp

There are a possible 10 regular points plus one bonus point to whomever catches the big fish (any species) for a maximum of 11 points.

To receive credit you must post a picture of yourself holding up the proper number of fingers for whatever number of species that fish represents with a picture of the in tact fresh fish (no freezer bag or taxidermy pics
images.proboards.com_v5_images_smiley_tongue.png
). If you think you have a shot at the big fish, take a picture of the fish on the scale so the entire fish is visible and the scale is readable.

Prizes are:
Most points - The lure/tackle entry fee from each participant. In the event there is a tie, tie breaker goes to the first person to reach that point level.
(We could have a 'big fish' prize if someone has a good suggestion)
Contest runs now through July 31st.

Enter and geaux fish!
images.proboards.com_v5_images_smiley_cool.png

Be safe.

i'm in. so each fish you catch and post pics if counts as 1 point? a stringer with a dozen fish on it would be 12poins?
No, only one point per species. So a stringer of 12 crappie is 1 point. A stringer with the 10 different species listed (which would be a REALLY good trick ;) ) is 10 points.

No, only one point per species. So a stringer of 12 crappie is 1 point. A stringer with the 10 different species listed (which would be a REALLY good trick ;) ) is 10 points.
oh ok gotcha, sounds fun. for a minute there i thought I was going to be doing alot of brim fishing this year.

how about redfish, tarpon, flounder etc...
Redfish is a replacement option for Walleye (and a LOT easier to catch. :) ) This was supposed to be a freshwater contest (to make it available to everyone) but I got whining from those who live closer to the salt and couldn't make it to north Georgia for trout or walleye so hence the two options for those two.
We need more peeps than this! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom