• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AP5-P suppressor options ?

I would not buy a dead air can right now.

YHM R9 if you want it for pistol calibers and rifles. It works on 556 but doesn't sound as good as a larger can.

For pistols and pistol caliber carbines I'd go with the CGS MOD 9 full size. Most of your pistol cans that aren't a fully welded baffle stack will only take 300 BO subs.

what 300bo? Subs from a long barrel or supers from an SBR? that makes a difference.

I bought a Griffin Revolution 45 can because it sounds good and it's light on pistols/pccs but it can live on an HD rifle that sees light centerfire rifle use. Nice that it fills those rolls well.

I have since bought a rex MG7k in 308 and it lives on my rattler. almost nothing is rated to 5.5" supers but Rex is like **** it do whatever you want, you're good. Not the lightest but at $350 I can't really complain. I wish I bought it in 9mm though so it could be even more useful to me as a PCC can but really I don't swap stuff around that much that it super matters.

if this is your NFA adventure, you will end up with a pistol can (that you never use on pistols cause the actual use is annoying and the novelty wears off), a 308 can for serious use, and a 22lr can for the giggles. If you get a 9mm REX or similar you'd knock out those two birds with one stone.

if you feel like coming out to athens id be happy to let you shoot some on my HK so you can hear the difference. Also when shooting 9mm suppressed a huge part is the ammo

Wolfman vote from me for pcc. 2nd place would be my obsidian 9 in full config. And go ahead and assume you will go nuts on Rimfire cans and just go ahead and buy 2-3 to get ya started. I’m waiting on rimfire # 9,10 right now.

I have a Wolfman and an old Gemtech Raptor. The Wolfman is a great can. If you are anywhere near Sandy Springs and want to meet up sometime and try it out, let me know.

The wolfman is an AWESOME can as is the Omega 9K. I sell far more Woldmen than Omegas, but no one has complained about either. I own a wolfman, and will hopefully be adding a second once I grab a few other cans.

Many pistol cans are rated for subsonic 300 blackout I.e. Odessa, banish, Erector. I picked the banish 46, bushwhacker 46, and omega 36m and I lean on the Omega 36m to carry the biggest burden.

Personally the 46 cal cans don’t get a lot of love but they’re incredible versatile, very low back pressure on smaller calibers, great tone on 223 and great all around cans.

The omega 36m is a workhorse for sure but I’d have a hard time not grabbing the banish 46 if I wanted maximum suppression on all calibers.

I like my cans short and barely hearing safe to maintain mobility. From what you’ve shared the omega 36m would probably be the overall best can for you. It is also excellent on 223 and 308.

Wolfman + Zenith Mp5RS is sweet.

If you go short with the Sp5k or AP5p type you may have to do a bit of tuning depending upon the suppressor you pick.

Sometimes the 80 degree locking block is needed...some times not.

Back
Top Bottom