• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Apple Mac book to TV Video

safebuilder

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
237   1
Reaction score
Can one of our more technological based members please tell me how to connect my mac book to TV to play a downloaded video. What cable type to which port(hdmi or usb?) is needed. Trying to play loop video on tv

Not sure what version MacBook you have or what tv you have. Assuming that you have either HDMI or mini DVI on your MacBook those will be best. If using HDMI then all you need is an HDMI cable and that will connect directly to your tv and then you will use video mirroring which will either come up on the computer or is under preferences once connected. Otherwise if you want to do it regularly I would suggest grabbing an appleTV which will be a wifi from your computer and connect directly to your tv.

If you use USB or mini DVI those require an adapter to go to HDMI. You can get the adapters at BestBuy or RadioShack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the deal I am trying to accomplish. I need to play a loop video at my NRA Booth. Last year I ran off my laptop on one TV. This year I will have 2 TV s playing different video. Hence my need to use the mac book air. NW gave me solid advice on wired solution. Now I just gotta figure out if I can do that wireless. Thanks to all for the serious replies and help. BS not needed.

This is the deal I am trying to accomplish. I need to play a loop video at my NRA Booth. Last year I ran off my laptop on one TV. This year I will have 2 TV s playing different video. Hence my need to use the mac book air. NW gave me solid advice on wired solution. Now I just gotta figure out if I can do that wireless. Thanks to all for the serious replies and help. BS not needed.
Thanks for providing context on how you need to use it. Wired seems a better solution for this. What is your booth number? We will all swing by and harass you.

Back
Top Bottom