• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Appleseed Marksmanship Training near you!

Was going to take my son but his rifle is a 15/22 which are banned now. The 10/22 i used to have the buttstock was to long for him. Maybe he will grow a little by the next one close to us and ill pick up a 10/22. Sounds fun.

It's coming from up high. Not my thread so I won't say my opinion on it.

I'll give my opinion: I don't like it. Many .22's can fire out of battery. There's probably some that could break and go FA.

Heck, I've even loaned out a rifle to a young shooter who ended up inadvertently bump firing it. But he was keeping the muzzle in a safe direction so i didn't even mention it.

I'll give my opinion: I don't like it. Many .22's can fire out of battery. There's probably some that could break and go FA.

Heck, I've even loaned out a rifle to a young shooter who ended up inadvertently bump firing it. But he was keeping the muzzle in a safe direction so i didn't even mention it.

yep.

I've had a Colt SP-1 (AR) bump fire off my shoulder, firing prone, being really easy on the trigger pull.
The second and third rounds missed the target but hit the backstop dirt pile.

I've had a Colt SP-1 (AR) bump fire off my shoulder, firing prone, being really easy on the trigger pull.
The second and third rounds missed the target but hit the backstop dirt pile.

I've done it with a really tuned up 10-22 with a really light trigger and short pull.

Back
Top Bottom