• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR 15 SCOPES

I’ve got some topped with a 1x RDS, some with a LPVO, and some with a high-magnified optic. Tools for the task at hand.

For what you wanna do, an LPVO (low-powered variable optic) sounds like a good option. Something in the 1-6x or 1-8x range would work well. If you decide to go that route, name a budget and we’ll suggest options.

How good are your eyes? What distances will you likely be shooting at? How open are the wooded areas? A scope can be an asset or a hindrance at different times.

Eyes are pretty good for over 70 years old, woods are thick, probably 75 to 100 yards longest shots
right now have a 3-9x50 scope on it......

Good eyes and 100 yards says red dot or maybe a low-power fixed to me. Maybe a 1-4 variable since those are pretty reasonable now that 1-6's seem to be the new hotness.

Got 2 for mine. One is the Nikon p-223 and so far absolutley accurate removed and put back. The other is the ATN HD 5-18 day/night scope for hogs and yotes. Havent done anything with it yet but play with it. So far I like both but have to sight in the night vision. It seems to work very well and cant wait to get to camp and give it a go. I like the fixed power Nikon because you can see clear at your feet out to...

I’ve got some topped with a 1x RDS, some with a LPVO, and some with a high-magnified optic. Tools for the task at hand.

For what you wanna do, an LPVO (low-powered variable optic) sounds like a good option. Something in the 1-6x or 1-8x range would work well. If you decide to go that route, name a budget and we’ll suggest options.

I enjoy my acog, but not quite enough magnification at 4x. The 6x to 8x range would benefit my use as a complete package, but anything trijicon you better bring the $$$$.

Back
Top Bottom