• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fun times with Radical Firearms AR

ReservoirDawg10

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
406   1
Reaction score
Buddy got his first AR. Brand new. Got a scope, didn't feel comfortable mounting it, so I offered to mount it for him. That was the start. Got it home, and started noticing stuff on the rifle itself that has blossomed into many problems.

1. Safety installed backwards.
2. No safety detent, just the spring.
3. Castle not installed backwards. Obviously not staked
4. Mag catch not installed properly. Push the release, mag catched extended past receiver and fell out.

So, decided to take the whole thing apart.
5. Worst handguard mounting I've seen. On top of that, 1 of the 2 screws was stripped out.
6. Barrel nut not torqued at all.
7. Receiver extension milled off center. Barely a nub touches and retains the retaining pin.
8. Gas block missing a set screw. Barrel not dimpled.
8b. Has a 16 inch barrel, but uses a pistol length gat tube? Never seen that before.
9. The entire recoil system feels out of alignment. It's rough, choppy, and difficult to operate.
10. Whatever lube they shoved this thing full of feels like glue about 50% dried. Felt like a commie stripping their sks clean.
11. Carrier not staked.
12. No gas rings

I fixed everything I could. I'll still be amazed if this thing runs. I've never had a good view of Radical products, but Jeezus. Wtf.

Buddy got his first AR. Brand new. Got a scope, didn't feel comfortable mounting it, so I offered to mount it for him. That was the start. Got it home, and started noticing stuff on the rifle itself that has blossomed into many problems.

1. Safety installed backwards.
2. No safety detent, just the spring.
3. Castle not installed backwards. Obviously not staked
4. Mag catch not installed properly. Push the release, mag catched extended past receiver and fell out.

So, decided to take the whole thing apart.
5. Worst handguard mounting I've seen. On top of that, 1 of the 2 screws was stripped out.
6. Barrel nut not torqued at all.
7. Receiver extension milled off center. Barely a nub touches and retains the retaining pin.
8. Gas block missing a set screw. Barrel not dimpled.
8b. Has a 16 inch barrel, but uses a pistol length gat tube? Never seen that before.
9. The entire recoil system feels out of alignment. It's rough, choppy, and difficult to operate.
10. Whatever lube they shoved this thing full of feels like glue about 50% dried. Felt like a commie stripping their sks clean.
11. Carrier not staked.
12. No gas rings

I fixed everything I could. I'll still be amazed if this thing runs. I've never had a good view of Rafical products, but Jeezus. Wtf.
Nephew bought his first AR10 a while back. Didn't ask his "guncle" first and bought a Radical AR10 AT A NECKBEARD FESTIVAL (aka Gun show). Never could get any groups out of it at 100 yards that fit inside a pie tin.

I told him to tear it down (offered him my tools) and check torque specs, parts, etc. He was laughing about taking the handguards off and simply spinning the barrel nut off with almost no hand pressure. LOL.

Guys at BCA...
YZhI.gif

Nephew bought his first AR10 a while back. Didn't ask his "guncle" first and bought a Radical AR10 AT A NECKBEARD FESTIVAL (aka Gun show). Never could get any groups out of it at 100 yards that fit inside a pie tin.

I told him to tear it down (offered him my tools) and check torque specs, parts, etc. He was laughing about taking the handguards off and simply spinning the barrel nut off with almost no hand pressure. LOL.
Same on this one. And hand tight to the level of a 5 year old spun it on there.

Back
Top Bottom