• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-15 suggestions

I have heard the Sig QC issue being brought up a few times. Sad to hear. I may grab the Colt if the ole lady will chill. I mean, I am giving her a child in March right? lol.

FWIW - I have a Spikes.

I'd try to stick with a mid length vs a carbine imho and DI vs piston (the spikes you are linking is a carbine length) - but the di/piston is another can of worms. You seem all over the board on your choices...maybe some more research is in order. Spikes is a good solid name. So is BCM, DD, LaRue, Noveske, Colt etc...there are a lot of good solid names in AR's. Beware an AR can nickle and dime you to death (AFTER your initial purchase that is) , do your best to not get toss away parts up front in the end you'll save money. Also some may laugh but I'd look at the S&W M&P15 offerings as well. Also don't be afraid to buy an upper and lower separate and assemble the lower yourself from quality parts. The platform being so versatile makes for a myriad of options which can be both a plus and a minus - esp when making an initial purchase which tends to be overwhelming. In general most are going to go "bang" when you pull the trigger and unless you are taking it into combat some of the differences you may never notice...(you are mostly limited by your wallet :) )

Back
Top Bottom