AR 6.5 Creedmoor or 308 with FFP scope - $1000

Probably not worth the hassle though. Y'all think its still a good deal @ $1000

it still doesnt look like a bad deal but just not as crazy good as it seems on the surface. the scope is already on sale for 300 so lets say 700 for the complete rifle, so it all matters how good of a job they do putting it together as thats about the costs of a couple different ar10s on the market right now. i'd personally go with a something from a bigger name even something like PSA and then drop 300 on a better known scope but again if all components end up being decent its not a bad buy

Probably not worth the hassle though. Y'all think its still a good deal @ $1000

I'm going to stay the course. Did a quick search and the cheapest 6.5CM AR is like $1,300 for DPMS. Without glass.

What they are offering seems like a pretty good value. The proof will be in the proverbial pudding.

This is a relatively new company (to firearms - been CNCing for some time) and I'm going to roll the dice. Seems like a good value so we'll see what happens.

If this rifle is moa or better I will be very pleased with the purchase!

Hayata Hayata
I’d like a report when you take it out of the box as a first impression.
Later, as you take it to the range I would like to know how accurate it is from a bench & sled.
TIA

Will do!

I told myself I didn't need another caliber in the stable.

I apparently didn't listen.

Woot-woot!

Got an email from ACME yesterday - getting closer! Time to order up some ammo to see what shoots best.

Guess what I got today? Finally arrived!

Only about two months later...props to the folks at Cherokee Gun & Pawn for the free transfer! Bought their last AR10 mag and a box of ammo to show my appreciation. The folks that work there are the best! Ok, now on to the gun!

When you click on the ad that is still up on ACME's site, they mention "extras". I had no idea about how many cool extras that came with the deal.

I opted for the 6.5CM with 22" QPC barrel. Here's what I got today.

IMG_1005.JPG

The whole thing came with a nice bag. I mean, like, really nice bag! Had one of the ACME patches on it!

IMG_1006.JPG

OK, here's how nice the bag is...

IMG_1007.JPG
IMG_1008.JPG

Extra pouches, a divider in the main section...stitching looks solid.

Now on to the gun itself. This sucker is heavy. 14.5 pounds according to my bathroom scale.

IMG_1009.JPG

Here are the extras that come with the package. Scope mount, ring adapters. Mlock for the bipod. Bipod. PMag. And a bubble level.

Oh wait, how about the gun?

IMG_1010.JPG
IMG_1011.JPG
IMG_1012.JPG

The last pic is of the underside of the gas block. I like the slim free-float hand guard. She "sings" when the bolt is closed.

Oh, and speaking of the bolt...

I'm used to the poodle-shooter ARs and this is my first AR10 platform. The bolt is, er, uh, STOUT!

And it looks like the bolt carrier bolts are staked properly...but what do I know?

IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1018.JPG
IMG_1019.JPG

It's amazing how slick this thing is with CLP on it!

Now for the rifle...

Back
Top Bottom