• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR accessories

Shovelhead

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
82   0
Reaction score
Rather then highjack the tigger guard post I thought I would mention my newest upgrade. AR owners are like fishermen.. Something pretty, sparkles, or appears to be "tactical" will sell like hot cakes.. So here goes. My Bushmaster varmint had an A2 stock it felt good and was functional but I wanted something different. I looked at the Magpul PRS but didnt want to spend almost as much on a stock as I paid for the entire AR. Reading a ton of reviews I settled on the Mako M4 with recoil reduction and adjustable cheek piece. Since I had an A2 I needed to swap out the buffer tube extension. I got all the parts in and installed the buffer tube and M4 6 postion stock with no problems. Out at the range things functioned very well. The 6 postion stock and adjustable cheek piece are just the ticket for me. I cant comment on the recoil reduction. Maybe if it were a 308 or 6.8SPC I would feel a difference but with .223 I cant say I noticed anything. This is what it looks like. What do you think? Oh the Macko stock was $92 and the buffer tube complete kit was $32 (DTI)

i52.tinypic.com_e17w3r.jpg

i52.tinypic.com_308hdvo.jpg

i53.tinypic.com_2435jco.jpg

After another range trip... I'm thinking of changing to more compact optics. What do you guys think? Something with the word we all love to hear "TactiKool" I see NcStar, and Baraska but have no experience with those brands... Also I'm a cheap bastard...Any recommendations?

I just ordered a UBR for my next build. I had one before and I miss it terribly. No other stock compares in my mind.

heres my old Armalite
[Broken External Image]:

Back
Top Bottom