• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ar buid- diy or professional

mmcneil

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
16   0
Reaction score
I've been acquiring the parts to build a 6.8 . I dont have everything I need, but I'm getting close. My question is should I build it myself or have someone who is a professional do it. My brother has all the tools to do it and wants to, but neither of us have ever built one from scratch. I would like this to be an accurate rifle so I'm wondering should we attempt this or seek outside help. Im a carpenter , so therefore I know if you do it for a living you know more than the average joe and you know the tricks of the trade. All answers will be appreciated.
Thanks

Anyone can put the pieces together. You just need to be able to follow directions. As far as accuracy goes, the barrel is the most important part. Do not over torque the barrel nut and everything else will fall into place. The 6.8 is the way to go for an all around survival / hunting rifle.

I would go to Youtube and search for AR build. Watch a few and see if it looks like something you can handle and have the tools to do. Good Luck

Build it yourself. It's easier than you think. I was in the same boat you were a while back and what made up my mind was when someone told me if you build it, if something breaks you probably can fix it.

But beware, it is addictive. We are collecting parts for our second one.....and third one!

Make sure you have good tools and give it a shot. Pun intended. Just know, if something doesn't seem right.....its probably not. Getting a bigger hammer wont help either :p

Back
Top Bottom