• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ar buid- diy or professional

Build it yourself. It's easier than you think. I was in the same boat you were a while back and what made up my mind was when someone told me if you build it, if something breaks you probably can fix it.

But beware, it is addictive. We are collecting parts for our second one.....and third one!

I wish I never had any spare parts. I can't count the guns that grew out of nothing more than a pistol grip or a rail or a stock that was left over from a build. :)

Build it yourself. Get a stripped lower and a built kit from PSA and in about an hour you will have a rifle. Just watch out for where the little detent pins go when they launch themselves. Other thing is that electrical tape is your friend to prevent scratches. Also, get what you want on the front end as you will be installing them anyway. Like Aimless said, spare parts seen to turn into another AR.

Build it yourself it is really fun shooting something that you put together yourself. if you are a carpenter you shouldn't have a problem. I have built about 175 or more been doing this for 30 years ever need any info don't hesitate to email wtd1964@hotmail.com people seemed to over torque the barrel nut and the flash suppressor believe it or not over torquing the flash supp will cause damage to the end of your barrel and effect your bullet path. sometimes really bad depending the barrel just thought I would throw that out.. have fun

I'm thinking of getting the parts and building one myself. My question is what's the easiest way to get all the parts? Are there books to get to help out? Not trying to hijack the thread just curious.

I'm thinking of getting the parts and building one myself. My question is what's the easiest way to get all the parts? Are there books to get to help out? Not trying to hijack the thread just curious.
Buy a lower and start from scratch. Keep an eye out for deals and put a gun together that you will be pleased with. Most kits end up with parts that you will want to swap out later, so it's easier and cheaper to build it the way you want it the first time. Sure there are books, but anyone can watch YouTube and put one together.

Buy a lower and start from scratch. Keep an eye out for deals and put a gun together that you will be pleased with. Most kits end up with parts that you will want to swap out later, so it's easier and cheaper to build it the way you want it the first time. Sure there are books, but anyone can watch YouTube and put one together.
Thanks I'll start looking them up and watching. I was mainly wandering about books for parts. I don't want to get one put together to find out I don't have the parts.

Back
Top Bottom