• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR buying frenzy coming to an end?

Sauerkraut

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
A couple stores in the Loganville/Monroe area are starting to have AR inventory again. I'm sure other stores do as well. I might have missed out buying a $3000 AR......

I was at a store yesterday that had about a dozen new ones in stock. Plus there are a few on here that haven't sold. In about a month or so when credit card bills are due we will probable see more on here.

I had an AR forsale right before Christmas for $1500. Guy offerred me less, told him Id rather keep it so he offered me $2000 for it. When i met the guy he handed over $2,200 just to make sure i wouldn't change my mind. Impulse buying out of fear is ridiculous. I gladly took his money.

I've noticed stores are keeping them on the shelves more often and they are actually staying on the shelf for a little while. However, the .223 ammo and all ammo in general frenzy is still in full swing.

I had an AR forsale right before Christmas for $1500. Guy offerred me less, told him Id rather keep it so he offered me $2000 for it. When i met the guy he handed over $2,200 just to make sure i wouldn't change my mind. Impulse buying out of fear is ridiculous. I gladly took his money.

I had a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport that I paid $609 for two years ago. I took it to the Cobb County gunshow in December. I had a guy actually chasing me through the show with a huge wad of cash in his hand, repeatedly offering more for the rifle. When he got to $1850, I said, "Sold!". I gladly took his money. Away went my "evil black rifle"! So what did I do? I bought four evil black firearms: an M&P 4o Shield, an M&P 22, a Mossberg 590-A1 12 gauge pump tactical shotgun and a Savage Model 110 .22-250 (matte black barrel and receiver with black synthetic stock) preditor rifle!! There are two less coyotes in this world already!!

If the price comes down on AR's, I may get another one. If not well, I'm still happy!!

Last edited:
I took the same route. When word got out about a possible ar ban I put my mp15 sport on cl to trade for an atv. Within an hour I had about 100 different offers. I ended up trading for a quad worth about 1500. (I paid under 700 for the ar). The guy drove 2 hours to get it. All in an afternoon. I think when prices go back down to normal im gonna buy a few more.

Last edited:
I took the same route. When word got out about a possible ar ban I put my mp15 sport on cl to trade for an atv. Within an hour I had about 100 different offers. I ended up trading for a quad worth about 1500. (I paid under 700 for the ar). The guy drove to atl from south carolina to get it. All in an afternoon. I think when prices go back down to normal im gonna buy a few more.
I hope that went through FFL :cool-new:

Back
Top Bottom