• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR buying frenzy coming to an end?

My son took me to that store Oz's Cutlery in Newnan. That old guy had AR's,AK's, Garands, every type of ammo I can think the entire time. I've been buying ammo off of him, when it was outrageous we were getting Speer Lawman 9 and 40 for $25 a box.

My son took me to that store Oz's Cutlery in Newnan. That old guy had AR's,AK's, Garands, every type of ammo I can think the entire time. I've been buying ammo off of him, when it was outrageous we were getting Speer Lawman 9 and 40 for $25 a box.

Good ol' grouchy Oz...love him! LOL. I think some of Oz's Mosin's and M1 Grande's he bought brand new and they've been sitting there since.

I had a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport that I paid $609 for two years ago. I took it to the Cobb County gunshow in December. I had a guy actually chasing me through the show with a huge wad of cash in his hand, repeatedly offering more for the rifle. When he got to $1850, I said, "Sold!". I gladly took his money. Away went my "evil black rifle"! So what did I do? I bought four evil black firearms: an M&P 4o Shield, an M&P 22, a Mossberg 590-A1 12 gauge pump tactical shotgun and a Savage Model 110 .22-250 (matte black barrel and receiver with black synthetic stock) preditor rifle!! There are two less coyotes in this world already!!

If the price comes down on AR's, I may get another one. If not well, I'm still happy!!

Wow... I sold my AR way too cheap! Oh well. Win some, lose some. Good job tripling your money!

I have sold 3 ARs way lower than curent market price but with enough profit margin to make me happy and buy other guns I wanted. I am considering selling a few more...but that will depend on the market. I am not looking to break even for goodness sake. lol

I've noticed stores are keeping them on the shelves more often and they are actually staying on the shelf for a little while. However, the .223 ammo and all ammo in general frenzy is still in full swing.

Thats because either everyone already has their guns or they can't find any, or what they can find is too expensive so they just pick up ammo. Even at 1.5-2x the normal price ammo is still relatively cheap compared to $700 Glocks and $2000 ARs.

Back
Top Bottom