• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ar gurus

bullseyebo

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
177   0
Reaction score
So I'm revamping my stag arms m4. I'm putting a 13" free float quad rail, yhm flash supressor, a new red dot. (Bushnell trs25) I'm also toying with the idea of switching back to all black magpul equipment rather than the fde. But my question is....do y'all prefer the angle foregrip or the vertical grips? I currently run the afg but I'm thinking about a short vertical grip. Which do y'all prefer?!

I prefer a vertical grip over the AFG. I had a AFG on a previous AR. I've mounted a Grip Pod on my current gun and I feel that I'm much more stable with the vertical grip.

Last edited:
it's all personal preference. i went from a vfg to the magpul afg and then back again. i would probably have the afg still on there except for the niftyness (is that even a word?) of the grip pod (pop-out bipod). maybe magpul should make something like this for the afg - hint, hint...

VFG and AFG are for two different, distinct styles of shooting. Whichever suits your preference best is the one you should choose. Neither is necessary, but both can be useful.

I like the Daniel Defense ConVert grip. It's a vertical grip & you can take the larger & longer outside body off and reinstall the cap and run it as a stubby grip. Just enough to assist in muzzle control but not enough to be a hinderance. That's my 2 cents worth.

Back
Top Bottom