• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR light/mount question

oneill

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
Basically, while I've had a few AR's and all kinds of accessories, I've never had a flashlight. I'm looking for lights/mounts suggestions for my AR. I've been looking at a VTAC mount and possibly a surefire. I'm not looking for super expensive top of the line models, just something that is sturdy and works. Any suggestions or info is appreciated, thanks!

I bought a light mount like this from TruPrep in Marietta for around $20. It might not be as tacticool as some people like, but it serves its purpose for me. It just mounts on a quad rail and then you add on the light of choice.

i48.tinypic.com_9rjbye.jpg

I bought a light mount like this from TruPrep in Marietta for around $20. It might not be as tacticool as some people like, but it serves its purpose for me. It just mounts on a quad rail and then you add on the light of choice.

i48.tinypic.com_9rjbye.jpg

Thanks man, they just opened a store in Roswell so I'll def check that out.

go to academy sports and in the airsoft gun section they have a awesome flashlight and adapter kit with a pressure switch works great on my ar.they are about $30.00

I have a mount like that on one of my ARs...it's not Daniel Defense quality so I used some Lock-Tite. I use this Viking Tactical on my HD AR http://www.vikingtactics.com/lightsmounts_lightmount.htmlvtac-light_mount-3.jpg
I'm using Streamlight Polytacs in mine, both attached to a piece of rail and mounted on MOE hand guards, and they work for me, but I would like to upgrade to Surefire G2 LEDs.

I have a mount like that on one of my ARs...it's not Daniel Defense quality so I used some Lock-Tite. I use this Viking Tactical on my HD AR http://www.vikingtactics.com/lightsmounts_lightmount.htmlView attachment 117244
I'm using Streamlight Polytacs in mine, both attached to a piece of rail and mounted on MOE hand guards, and they work for me, but I would like to upgrade to Surefire G2 LEDs.

Thanks, If you don't mind me asking, how much rail space (rail sections) does the vtac mount take? I have 4 sections left on the side where I want to put it.

Don't overlook an x300 or a streamlight TLR-1. Both are powerful and don't add too much weight on the end of your AR. Prices are comparable to a quality flashlight and mount.

Thanks, If you don't mind me asking, how much rail space (rail sections) does the vtac mount take? I have 4 sections left on the side where I want to put it.
I have mine mounted on a MOE hand guard using a Magpul cantilever rail that comes in their illumination kitMAG402 BLK-8.jpg so that's maybe an inch and a half of rail space? I have long arms and fingers/thumbs so I have mine mounted in the 1 o'clock position and work it with my thumb using an overhand grip, light up next to the FSB. I'll try to take a picture later and post it for clarification.

Back
Top Bottom