AR lower build input

Joker82

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
59   0
Reaction score
So ive decided to build my first lower here recently and picked up a spikes receiver to build. My question is, what type of "kit"would be recommended? Ive looked at just going with spikes, maybe psa, but I just wanted to know what some of yall use. Im not looking at the top or bottom of the line, just somthing that is middle of the road for now. Any trigger suggestions? Ive been looking at the geissele triggers, and they are pretty pricey so anything eles comparable. Ive got a 223 wylde upper im wanting to put this on also. Anyways any input would be great! Im lookin forward to it.

I went with a Rock River lower parts with the Stage 2 trigger. I am very happy. Caught it on sale so got a great deal on it. I think I got it at RedBarnArmory.com.

I've used 3 PSA LPK's and all did well. Just watch and you can catch good sales on them.
I've built maybe half a dozen lowers with the 'classic' PSA lpk and only one feels kind of gritty.

I have put an ALG QMS trigger in as an upgrade and have used a Danial Defense kit and have no complaints with either.

I do have a Geissele SSA trigger on my precision build but like you said that's kind of pricey for an average build.

So ive decided to build my first lower here recently and picked up a spikes receiver to build. My question is, what type of "kit"would be recommended? Ive looked at just going with spikes, maybe psa, but I just wanted to know what some of yall use. Im not looking at the top or bottom of the line, just somthing that is middle of the road for now. Any trigger suggestions? Ive been looking at the geissele triggers, and they are pretty pricey so anything eles comparable. Ive got a 223 wylde upper im wanting to put this on also. Anyways any input would be great! Im lookin forward to it.
If you're looking for a complete lower build kit, it's hard to go wrong with a PSA kit, especially with their labor day sale going on now. I'd highly recommend one of the kits with a milspec receiver extension and the ALG QMS trigger.

CMMG makes a great LPK if you already have the buffer tube. If not, its hard to beat PSA for a LBK and you can always swap out the trigger if you want later.

Geissele makes a top notch trigger pack. Rock River 2 stage triggers represent a good trigger without the excessive cost. The rest basic LPK are close some have issues with roll pin diameter.

For your first build a standard Milspec LPK should be fine for a basic rifle.

For a target rifle a finely tuned trigger is a must have.

Back
Top Bottom