• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR lowers - all the same?

Who makes the most parts, from forgings, barrels, FCG, etc. and offers a rifle. Does anyone "make" one really? I know other firearm from different companies use out sourcing, but is the AR kinda like most companies do not make anything or what?

Who makes the most parts, from forgings, barrels, FCG, etc. and offers a rifle. Does anyone "make" one really? I know other firearm from different companies use out sourcing, but is the AR kinda like most companies do not make anything or what?

Like lowers and literally every other AR part . . . there are very few manufacturers making parts. The vast majority just laser/roll mark their name on it.

I think there are 2 or 3 companies making bolt carriers which is why its almost impossible to get one right now.

There are a couple of different grades of metal that are being offered so be careful with the lower priced ones. Not to say all lower priced lowers are less quality, it's just safer to stick to the $100-$150.00 range.

This rings even more true in the billet lowers. You will need to know someone in the industry to get the FN lowers For the the Colt, just check out the list provided.

Back
Top Bottom