AR Trigger Pins *What's the Big Deal*

Stock pins work, kns are even better. Better material tighter tolerance smoother surface. Required no better yes.
Do stock cranks pistons rods etc.. work yes are high quality aftermarket better? Yes they are.

I have a set of KNS in my carbine. They definitely give you a more solid feeling trigger group. My factory pins were fine, the KNS just took a little slop out of it overall.

If you have any performance car engine building experience, you know pennies add up. Its like polishing your rods, port matching, smoothing oil returns, getting the correct cam end play, blah blah blah.

Those things as individuals jobs ad very little, together they are another 5-15 HP.

I think this goes back to the decline in quality standards. I think everyone assumes that actions/triggers should feel gritty, sloppy, and need some work. Perhaps everone should pay a bit more attention to details and how they can add up to making a really nice quality feeling firearm. For instance, cycle the action of a late 70's early 80's M77 and feel the new ones. Same rifle, totally different feel.

Back
Top Bottom