• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ar upper lower loose

Most side to side movement is the front take down lug play. You can buy shims to take that out. Second option is to build up a little two part epoxy and let it dry real good. Then File to fit. The accubushing is a good back up as well. I have been running those in my all my guns for over 10 years. Some rifles come with those in the gun from the factory. If you want to buy some shims I can go look and see the company name. He is up in Michigan. He carries shims for front pivot pin, bolt catch, muzzle brake and barrel nut clock position. You name it and he has it. I have seen shelf guns with an ,1/16 inch play in the front pivot pin.
Shively Sales, Triggershims.com?

Yep! That's the one. I keep a cornucopia of shims to tighten up guns people want me to work on. I order the combo packs usually 3 or 4 at a time. I especially like the bolt catch one. It takes all the movement out of the Magpul BAD lever which is a problem most shooters don't like and end up taking them off. A simple shim or two really stabilizes that lever so it feels like it was hand fitted.

Won’t effect accuracy or reliability. Ask any Marine grunt.

If it bothers you, that’s another story. Swap receivers around, or buy one of those rubber widgets that I’ve seen cause malfunctions when they come apart. Shims will work for lateral play, at the cost of slightly complicating disassembly/assembly.

Stop it with the epoxy. Stop it with bad levers. Stop it with the rubber buffer crap. You are injecting failure points into other people's rifles for no reason

This.

Sacrificing reliability because the rattle bothers you, or to speed up your reload/malfunction clearance by .1 sec, ain’t the way to go on an AR you intend on using for protection of yourself or others. It’s fine on a range toy.....but I don’t own any of those. The AR I built with my daughter years ago for her was assembled with hard-use in mind. I wouldn’t hesitate to fight with it, and I’d carry it on duty in a heartbeat.

This.

Sacrificing reliability because the rattle bothers you, or to speed up your reload/malfunction clearance by .1 sec, ain’t the way to go on an AR you intend on using for protection of yourself or others. It’s fine on a range toy.....but I don’t own any of those. The AR I built with my daughter years ago for her was assembled with hard-use in mind. I wouldn’t hesitate to fight with it, and I’d carry it on duty in a heartbeat.
Thoughts on oversized takedown/pivot pins? Seems like the least sacrificial "fix" for receiver wobble

Back
Top Bottom