• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR15 not firing second round

Gun fires just fine when manually loaded by you. But the auto loads will not.

Sounds like it's under gassed. Rarely is a barrels gas port undersized so I would bet on your gas block has probably shifted slightly choking off your gas port.

If you check your gas block and make sure it's properly aligned, my next guess would be too heavy of a buffer. Is it a standard carbine buffer or something else?
This is assuming everything else is well cleaned and adequately lubricated.

I‘ve a lot of undersized gas ports on Ballistic Advantage/Aero and Faxon 5.56 barrels in the past year or so. That’s why I check the ports on all the builds I do, and ream them out when necessary.

Problem with calibers like .300Blk is there are no industry-accepted specs. Can’t really tell if a gas port is sized properly when different companies size them differently.

I‘ve a lot of undersized gas ports on Ballistic Advantage/Aero and Faxon 5.56 barrels in the past year or so. That’s why I check the ports on all the builds I do, and ream them out when necessary.

Problem with calibers like .300Blk is there are no industry-accepted specs. Can’t really tell if a gas port is sized properly when different companies size them differently.

Not to mention the wild variances in ammo, suppressed vs non-suppresssed (commonly suppressed caliber), and gas system lengths.

I think that 300 builds are way trickier than 5.56.

Back
Top Bottom