AR15 suppressed/SBR combo- questions

dixieman

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
36   0
Reaction score
I would like to buy a suppressor for my AR15. I was also considering SBRing it to a 10.5" barrel. This would count as 2 stamps, correct? Could I permentally attach the suppressor for an overall barrel lenght of 16"+ and it only count as 1 stamp- suppressor? I have a BM AR with a 14.5" and a permentally attached flash hider, so would the suppressor count towards barrel lenght like the FH does?

Do the treads of a typical can screw on to the threading of an AR15 barrel with the FH removed?

Last edited:
Yes it would be a 2 stamp gun if you did it the SBR and suppressor way. You could perm attach a suppressor to make it the legal 16 inches. Most thread on cans for 223/556 will be threaded 1/2x28. I would go with the 2 stamps though so you can use your can on different host weapons.

Yes it would be a 2 stamp gun if you did it the SBR and suppressor way. You could perm attach a suppressor to make it the legal 16 inches. Most thread on cans for 223/556 will be threaded 1/2x28. I would go with the 2 stamps though so you can use your can on different host weapons.

yup, not to mention on a 10.5 that can is going to get abused so you may not want it to spend all its time on there.

I would pay for 2 stamps, you're going to want to be able to move it around, and you'll still have your silencer long after you wear that barrel out.

Yes, if the rifle is 16" or longer with suppressor, it only counts as 1 stamp if you permanently attach the suppressor.

I would also suggest 2 stamp. Have a QD suppressor and you're GTG! Shooting suppressors get dirty so I'm sure you'll want to clean it every now and then. Maybe even send to MFG when you hit like 50k rounds or so lol

Def 2 stamps and get an AAC sdn 6 and you can use it on 308 or ak or 556 or 300 blk or. . . .

AAC ranger 3 made just for what you want. Its much cheaper than 2 stamps, cutting/threading, etc.... not that I would go that route

Thanks for the replies! I think I will take y'alls advice, and do 2 stamps. Do I have to buy the sbr/suppressor then apply for tax stamp or can I get 2 stamps for future purchase?

AAC sdn 6 looks very cool. So I would just need to buy a new suppressor type flash hider for each of my m1a, ak, and ars and I could quick detach? Awesome and thanks again for suggestion.

You would send your ar lower to be engraved with your trust name ;). Next you have that you fill out form 1 and mail a $200 check or money order with that. It takes a minimum of 6 months. When you go purchase your sdn 6 you bring a 200$ check or money order to put with form 4. Then you wait . I got my sdn 6 from ar bunker for 925+tax plus 125 for the adapter. They had all of them in stock. I am still waiting however.

Thanks for the replies! I think I will take y'alls advice, and do 2 stamps. Do I have to buy the sbr/suppressor then apply for tax stamp or can I get 2 stamps for future purchase?

AAC sdn 6 looks very cool. So I would just need to buy a new suppressor type flash hider for each of my m1a, ak, and ars and I could quick detach? Awesome and thanks again for suggestion.

If you already have the lower you just fill out form one and send it in with your $200 check or MO. With the suppressor you pick your dealer pay for it and send in your form 4 with check or MO.

Back
Top Bottom