• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR15 suppressed/SBR combo- questions

Everything must have an approved stamp before you take possession. If you form 1 a sbr, of course you have possession of the rifle but you're not suppose to put the sbr configs till stamp is approved.

It is best to not buy the upper till you get approved. It if you do not keep it at your house with the lower, unless you have a pistol stock tube on the lower

It is best to not buy the upper till you get approved. It if you do not keep it at your house with the lower, unless you have a pistol stock tube on the lower

This. You could always buy a stripped lower and build it as a pistol with your short upper and then throw your short upper on the rifle when you get your stamp back.

Whatever you do, do 2 stamps, SBR and can. After seeing how obnoxious SBR's are without a can on, you'll never want to shoot it without it though :cool-new:

The only time I EVER shoot my SBR without the can is when I'm doing stuff for time.

QD cans are great for multiple hosts. HOWEVER, your list of hosts is going to be tough to find mounts for. YHM is the only person I know who actually makes (and delivers) mounts for all of those, and even those are hard to find. I've had YHM AK Mounts on order for months. You may be better off with a thread on can in your situation, and thread adapters on the guns.

I am still researching the trust. I went ahead and bought Quicken 2013 Willmaker Plus in anticipation :) Anyone here use it with success? I just need to spend hours here researching ;)

Is it best to buy local versus silencershop? Do many local dealers carry suppressors (I'm in Gwinnett)?

With the costs, I think I will do the suppressor first. What are the parts needed- suppressor, flash hider w QD for suppressors,- Ive also read about- mounts and adapters- are they the same thing as the FH?

I was looking at this- will it work with the AAC sdn 6? (it keeps saying "our suppressors" YHM)
http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=111

Last edited:
I am still researching the trust. I went ahead and bought Quicken 2013 Willmaker Plus in anticipation :) Anyone here use it with success? I just need to spend hours here researching ;)

Is it best to buy local versus silencershop? Do many local dealers carry suppressors (I'm in Gwinnett)?

With the costs, I think I will do the suppressor first. What are the parts needed- suppressor, flash hider w QD for suppressors,- Ive also read about- mounts and adapters- are they the same thing as the FH?

I was looking at this- will it work with the AAC sdn 6? (it keeps saying "our suppressors" YHM)
http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=111

Call that guy that posted above you. He has my can right now while I am waiting on my stamp. Best thing to do is shop around. If you order online you will tack on another month or so wait waiting on the form 3(dealer to dealer transfer). The YHM mount won't work for the SDN6. Only mounts that will work are going to be AAC mounts. That is usually how it works AAC mount for AAC can, YHM mount for their can, Surefire mount for their cans, and so on. Mounts are different than adapters. Adapters are pieces that are threaded different pitches on both ends do you can screw on a can with say a 5/8x24 pitch onto a barrel with say a 1/2x28 pitch. With mounts you will need one for each weapon you plan on using the suppressor with. For real though give Jake at Quiet Riot a shout or message him. He is a great guy for class 3 stuff.

I would absolutely go the 2 stamp route. I have the exact set up you are talking about...still waiting on my 2 stamps....

I used Quicken Will Maker for 2 stamps in 2010 with no issues....I have 3 pending on the same trust now as we speak...so far so good...

Here is a pic or two:
CAW billet upper and lower.. DD 10.5" barrel, Liberty Torch QA

photo copy 4.jpg

photo copy 6.jpg

photo copy.JPG

Whatever you do, do 2 stamps, SBR and can. After seeing how obnoxious SBR's are without a can on, you'll never want to shoot it without it though :cool-new:

The only time I EVER shoot my SBR without the can is when I'm doing stuff for time.

QD cans are great for multiple hosts. HOWEVER, your list of hosts is going to be tough to find mounts for. YHM is the only person I know who actually makes (and delivers) mounts for all of those, and even those are hard to find. I've had YHM AK Mounts on order for months. You may be better off with a thread on can in your situation, and thread adapters on the guns.

Silencerco/SWR are good about getting their mounts out. Keep a SWR specwar in mind for a QD 556 can.

But after reading I think I've come to the conclusion that QD is cool, but I have no practical use for it. I'm not trying to attach it under stress, each mount cost more than a thread job, and I'm not swapping back and forth like crazy. I figure the money spent on mounts will quickly add up to a new can, so just buy another!

They may be good at getting them out, but the distributors not so much/
That said, for the price, the SpecWar is the best <$800 QD can out there right now. I hope to have more soon.

You are very correct on the thread/QD thinking. Thread adapters are cheap, and dont hop off teeth or break. And bash it all you want, but GOOD threading is the most stable and accurate mounting system out there. Especially cans like the Ranger 3 and the new Innovative arms cans I have, that have wrench flats on the back so you can torque it on and off. And you save weight, threads are much lighter than springs and ratchets, and you add in the mount weight. IF I hadn't wanted to shoot my AR308 unsuppressed a lot, I would have gone with a thread on can. But I wanted to have a brake for when I was shooting unsuppressed, so I opted for the SF.

Back
Top Bottom