• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Archery Arrow Suggestions

Kfunk

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
2   1
Reaction score
Looking to develop an arrow setup for to maximize Ke up to 50 yards. Will have compound bow setup at 29 length and 60-65 lb draw. Trying to decide between 125-150 grain broad-heads an what size arrow(GPI) to get. will be shooting 30in. arrows. Prefer Easton brand arrows. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I used Goldtip Kenetic and Eastern Piledrivers. They both fly true, but I like the easterns more. I Robin Hood the kenetic with the Pile driver at 30 yards unintentionally. They are both tough as nails and have great penetration.

Here's an idea for you. The GrizzlyStik 650 Challenge. http://www.alaskabowhunting.com/CategoryGrid4.aspx?CategoryId=75 Kinetic energy isn't all it's hyped up to be. I would suggest reading some of Dr. Ed Ashby's research on Momentum, Kinetic Energy, and Arrow Penetration. Most of his research can be found on that site as well. He breaks down the physics of all of it and it's pretty interesting. It is a bit long and very technical at some points, but it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom