• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wyoming archery mule deer hunt

Gordylew

Firefighter Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
189   0
Reaction score
Anyone have preference points and looking at hunting Wyoming archery mule deer this year? Ive been putting in for points for 6 years waiting for a buddy to go on an archery hunt in Wyoming. Every year he comes up with another “not this year, blah blah “. He’s 30 and I keep telling him, “you wait too long and you’ll be pushing me in a wheelchair “. I’m ready. Anyone else?

I’m always ready to go to Wyoming for mule deer but I’m not going toting a string and stick
I hun with a outfitter out there and usually don’t have a problem getting a tag or big buck
It’s been several years since I’ve hunted with him

We've decided to wait for a few years on Wyoming. They experienced a bad winter kill 2022-2023. Still getting points, just waiting a few years.
The problem with that is they may have another bad year this year and maybe next. You keep making excuses and one day you’re too old to make the trip.

I’m always ready to go to Wyoming for mule deer but I’m not going toting a string and stick
I hun with a outfitter out there and usually don’t have a problem getting a tag or big buck
It’s been several years since I’ve hunted with him
What outfitter have you used? What area?

Went to WY 7 years straight for DIY antelope and mule deer until 2023 - just not enough animals to try for a tag. 8 years ago, antelope everywhere. Every year fewer and fewer antelope and mule deer. Hope WY recovers.

My original plan was to go to Alberta but due to carbon taxes and fuel prices the already expensive hunt went up $2600 this year pushing it beyond what I want to spend for a mule deer.

Back
Top Bottom