• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Arctic sea ice at record low

I just watched a show 2 days ago that said they are having record lows in the Arctic....? I heard of ther 40k year climate shift back in highschool and they said back then it's been over 40k years since the last one.
If it weren't for the internet no one would hardly ever hear of any of these issues plaging us today.

Well, that's the problem. There are probably a bunch of sincere scientists on both sides, doing work and genuinely being convinced of one thing or the other. Then there are the zealots on both sides pushing the agendas. I don't know how climate science, of all things, became so politicized.

Ultimately, I believe that whether we are cooling or warming or holding even or whatever...man doesn't have what it takes to destroy the planet. Short of worldwide nuclear destruction or something, if/when we become too much, mother nature will wipe us out, pick up the pieces, and move on. At that point, I only hope that there are sentient beings somewhere else in the universe, because it'd be a shame if there was no "way for the universe to know itself", as Carl Sagan put it.

Well they can say what they want...a flight of P38s and B17s landed in Greenland during ww2. In 1992, 50 years later the whole squadron sat under 268 feet of ice. Yep. 50 years...268 feet of ice had covered the aircraft. That's 5 feet of ice per year. They recovered one P38---named her Glacier Gal.
The rest sit there buried under the ice.
If there was any reality behind all the global warming crap, those planes would have been sitting in the green grass under the sun by 1960 instead of being under 90 feet of ice by 1960.

Well they can say what they want...a flight of P38s and B17s landed in Greenland during ww2. In 1992, 50 years later the whole squadron sat under 268 feet of ice. Yep. 50 years...268 feet of ice had covered the aircraft. That's 5 feet of ice per year. They recovered one P38---named her Glacier Gal.
The rest sit there buried under the ice.
If there was any reality behind all the global warming crap, those planes would have been sitting in the green grass under the sun by 1960 instead of being under 90 feet of ice by 1960.

Good point.

Back
Top Bottom