• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are 80's cars cool now? What happened to the prices?

People always want the cars they listed After as a teenager.

and later in life when they have the money, they buy them.
60s muscle cars have kind of topped out , and 70s and 80s cars are going up.

the cars from the 30s and 40s are actually going down in value . Because there are not as many people wanting them.

but covid has jacked up the prices of everything.
It’s totally weird .
One year your car isn’t worth anything , and all of a sudden it’s valuable.

because of the herd mentality, no one wants a car until everyone else wants it too.

I have owned an early Bronco for 26 years.
Five or Six years ago you couldn’t give it away, now it’s worth big money and random people want to buy it , the only reason they want it now is because they think they can flip it and make a quick buck , they have no interest in the car itself, because if they did, they would already have bought one years ago.

Here's your answer right here.

I've been watching the phenomenon for the past 25+ years, but in the vintage motorcycle world. Once guys are old enough for their kids to move out, they have a few extra bucks each month to invest in toys. What do they tie this money up in? Whatever they lusted after when they were young and broke.

80's are classics now.
That means I'm a classic now...
quick-sad.gif

That means I'm a classic now...
View attachment 3093823

I was in the truck the other day with a kid I was working with listening to Tool. Kid said, "I've never listened to them but I know who they are because my dad listens to them". Never felt so damn old in my life.

Back to vehicles, been looking at older suburbans. The 2500's. It's amazing the money they are bringing. Dammit man.

Same ole same ole. History repeating itself.My Dad grew up with 60’s Musclecars & said most of them had awesome motors & looked cool..but drove & braked like **** compared to modern cars! He had Roadrunners,Chevelles,Fairlane GT’s,Mustangs, & they weren’t anything exotic. 50 years later...it’s hard to find even a decent body..so they command premium prices. 80’s Musclecars have been coming on in the last 10 years. Mustangs,Camaros,SS Monte Carlos,Buick Turbo cars were pretty easy to work on,durable,and drove + braked good. I think 80’s cars give you more bang for the buck,if you want to actually drive it

Back
Top Bottom