• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Are j-frames really useless?

I was an LEO instructor. I also carried a J in a concealment holster strapped to my vest for nearly the entirety of my career. Tried carrying a G27/G26 for a while and eventually went back to the J because of the slimmer profile. I still carry one in a pocket holster when clothing prevents carry of larger frames. You have to be aware of its' limitations, but it is far from useless in a CC situation.

I was an LEO instructor. I also carried a J in a concealment holster strapped to my vest for nearly the entirety of my career. Tried carrying a G27/G26 for a while and eventually went back to the J because of the slimmer profile. I still carry one in a pocket holster when clothing prevents carry of larger frames. You have to be aware of its' limitations, but it is far from useless in a CC situation.
I sold Model 36 lightweight 38 to an Atlanta Police officer (detective) with over 20 years.... he was looking for a lightweight backup for his ankle. He was very happy to get it.

They are just as useful as they were 70 years ago.

There seems to be a phenomenon where revolvers are adopted by many who are new to firearms for their simplicity, drop off for the large majority of middle shooters for various reasons, then are re-adopted by some advanced shooters because of a few specific advantages they have.

They are just as useful as they were 70 years ago.

There seems to be a phenomenon where revolvers are adopted by many who are new to firearms for their simplicity, drop off for the large majority of middle shooters for various reasons, then are re-adopted by some advanced shooters because of a few specific advantages they have.
All too many keyboard combat close-quarter warriors are drawn up into real-life debates over the pluses and minuses of types, actions and scenarios. Actually LIVE it and then tell me about it...

All too many keyboard combat close-quarter warriors are drawn up into real-life debates over the pluses and minuses of types, actions and scenarios. Actually LIVE it and then tell me about it...
I've never been a person to turn a deaf ear to someone more knowledgeable and experienced.
If you have first hand experience in multiple shootings senerios, I would be interested in knowing how well the J frame performed.

Back
Top Bottom