Are the days of the sub $200 Mosin 91/30 gone on the ODT forever?

Oh for sure.
Yeah they were great as $100.00 rifles or even close to $200.00. But aside from getting a paratrooper length they're too long and heavy.

As far as Mosins go I prefer the Type 53/ M44 style. But a T53 is NOT worth $200.00 either. And as many millions of 91\30 rifles that were produced its still hard for me to see it as a $200.00 rifle. But that's almost what I paid for mine.

Mosins are fun and they are cool, but when they stop being cheap, they stop being fun and cool. Being cheap (rifle and ammo) is what made the Mosin attractive. I really enjoy shooting them, but only when it costs $200 for a rifle and a can of ammo.

I wonder how many Russia and Ukraine still have on hand for a last ditch effort? I bet millions of them.

Throwing in the Chinese stocks and any country that received Eastern Bloc or Chinese assistance during the Cold War, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least 250 million. Wikipedia says 37 million for Russia/USSR. That's probably a low figure. Chinese would make a bunch of them, if anything just to give people jobs. The ammunition is widely used across many weapons systems.

We have a very small boat in an ocean of Mosin Nagant's here in the US.

Back
Top Bottom