• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are there any real Army Navy surplus stores anymore.

Ha, I remember As a kid going into A/N stores in the 60's with tons of WWII stuff. The smell of musty canvas is still one of the best smells I can remember in life. In early 2000 I was allowed (by an employee, not the owner) to scrounge through the upstairs storage area of the A/N store in downtown ATL and uncovered a few treasures that had been up there for many, many years and got them for cheap, the sales person who let me go up there thought old stuff was not worth much LOL, I got a lot of good stuff cheap. No, they don't make 'em like they use to.
When I was in grade school I used an old WW2 issue back pack for a book bag. You would probably get expelled for that now.

Forest Park Army Navy is a great place. I grew up going in that place and I still go in there.Went last week. The smell hasnt changed in years, and I hope it never does. Known Skip for years. And Tactical gear supply is across the street for some modern day surplus.

Besides eguipment, there's very little surplus sold in the states, most of it is ship free to supply 3rd world countries that hate us.

well if we do not supply them with equipment they'll get equipment that will make them too easy to beat, thus making the government officials and government contractors less money during war times.

Carrollton has one. Rish and Son, 118 Rome street. I stopped in there a few months back and they had lots of real surplus. All I ended up buying was an entrenching tool but it was the real deal and only 12 bucks.

The guy at the counter ignored me like I was invisible until I specifically spoke to him but hell, for the prices I was looking at I could surely pass on customer service. They do have guns too but I don't remember getting excited over the prices.

The guy at Bayonet in Dallas told me that the reason ammo cans are so expensive, if you can find them, is because many years ago, the govt started crushing them and recycling them as opposed to letting them go to surplus for sale. Don't know how true that is, but it sounds about right...

Back
Top Bottom