• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are you going to be physically able to survive?

jshababy23

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
32   1
Reaction score
I don't post a lot in anything other than selling and buying, but the survival stuff has always interested me. However, one thing that has always bothered me is so many people post about stockpiling this and say they would "hike up the nearest mountain" and so on, but many of those same posters are what many people would consider to be overweight, out of shape, and/or obese to the point it would greatly affect their ability to survive. Obviously I am not talking about everyone, but I believe physical fitness is a major factor to consider when dealing with a "long term survival" type situation. Accordingly, it should just as important as gathering supplies. Nobody wants to have to worry about whether or not good ole Billy Bob is going to keep up if you are traveling as a group and have to move to a better vantage point (however, I suppose if you had to he might make a better meal). Anyways that's just my 2 cents and I'm nobody important! I'd like to hear what you guys think. Thanks!

Its all part of the stockpile thing. Some of us are just stockpiling it on our bodies so we dont have to fit it in a BOB. :) Besides, when times get hard, fat people get skinny. Skinny people ......DIE. LOL!

Its all part of the stockpile thing. Some of us are just stockpiling it on our bodies so we dont have to fit it in a BOB. :) Besides, when times get hard, fat people get skinny. Skinny people ......DIE. LOL!

Skinny people die. Priceless.

jshababy23....you are spot on my friend.

Your point is a good one. It is easier to talk about survival than it is to seriously plan and think about surviving. And it is easier to plan and think than it is to prepare effectively. And it is easier to buy and stockpile than to learn important skills. And... it is easier, right now in the relative comfort of our still-functioning society, to do almost anything than it is to get in shape. I'm afraid your warning is one I need to heed -- as unprepared as I am in terms of supplies, I'm even less prepared in terms of physical fitness.

Hey -- it's a new year tomorrow! Just think how lean I could become! I think I'll sign off & go take a walk... :) :D

My question is.........If you do stock pile and are self sufficient, ae you going to be able to stop those who would take it away and leave you and yours to starve? Do you have the where-with-all to kill or otherwise discourage those? Believe me you WILL have to.

My question is.........If you do stock pile and are self sufficient, ae you going to be able to stop those who would take it away and leave you and yours to starve? Do you have the where-with-all to kill or otherwise discourage those? Believe me you WILL have to.

Got folks telling you how to survive who never killed anything.Good luck with that.

I probably wont last long.. Being a TYPE I insulin dependent How about you folks on BP meds.. think you'll blow a gasket without it?

Yep, a lot of people don't even consider how hard it will be to get their meds. THAT is one thing that worries me, my wife has MS & one of my sons is like you, type 1 diabetic and I have blood pressure issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom