• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Arisaka pics, let's see them

freedom

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

My "last ditch" type 99 featuring the wooden buttplate and lack of airplane sights. It does have the intact mum.

i like the "last ditch" ariskas, a true piece of ww2 history. japan had one of the more interesting but less spoken of roles of ww2

when the mum is missing it adds to the historical value imo, displaying a part of their culture at the time

i like the "last ditch" ariskas, a true piece of ww2 history. japan had one of the more interesting but less spoken of roles of ww2

when the mum is missing it adds to the historical value imo, displaying a part of their culture at the time

Why would a missing mum add to the historic value? They were ground off so the emperor could save face.

Why would a missing mum add to the historic value? They were ground off so the emperor could save face.

He likes the idea of a Japanese soldier knowing he is about to die tacking the time to beat the mum off of his gun for his majesty. It is neat to think about.

As far as your rifle goes that is the most complete last ditch I have ever seen and as close to normal. By the time they got wood butt plates they didn't have adjustable sights like yours still has and they don't have bayonet lugs along with no groove for a dust cover. Yours must have have been the first rifle for the japs to run out of butt-plates and nothing else it's super clean.

The last ditch rifle I have is truly amazing to look at side by side with a normal type 99. Mine has no finger grooves cut into the stock no hole drilled for a cleaning rod no front sight ears no groove for the dust cover the rear sight is just short of a blob of weld with a hole drilled through it the bolt handle is very croode and shows a lack of machining the safety knob is a hunk of steel with tool marks and is barley functional it has the very short upper hand guard to conserve wood/time it has the wood butt-plate the stock looks like it was poor together from the scraps found on the shop floor but still does have sling swivels. I will get some pics up as soon as I can.

This is the only picture of one of my arisakas I have on my phone and it's a crappy picture at that.

But it is a type 99 Chinese captured the the Chinese government converted it to 7.62x39 and shorten to a carbine length yeah that's right x39 it's sweet and you don't ever see them.
20160520_152217.jpg

Back
Top Bottom