• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Armadillos in the North Georgia Mountains??????????

They make excellent targets! I have shot them with everything from 450gr .500 Holland & Holland to .22 rimfire. The round that seems to splatter them the most is 85gr .243
I posted this early about 4am and an hour later shot two of them in my yard with my wife's 870. buzzards are on it having a feast.

In the mid 80s I was visiting a friend who was a deputy in a then rural county in north Florida
(they had 12 deputies in 84, they had 320 last year )

I'm riding with him about 2 am and dispatch calls on the radio and asks him to return to his home it was in his patrol zone
Singh his zone was the half of the county west of I-95

So we pull in and his wife is waiting in the drive way

"quick , gimme your gun. I need to shoot something !"

He pulls out his 357 and hand it out the car window

She runs around the house and fires six shots quickly
Brings the gun back, barrel still smoking

"thanks, see you in the morning "

Me: " uhhhh don't you wanna know what she shot"?

" nope "

Turned out it was a armidillo digging up her garden
She finally caught it .

Dammit! All this time I've been carrying a gun and nobody bothered to tell me that the cops will actually DELIVER a loaner gun to you if you need one. LOL!

Dammit! All this time I've been carrying a gun and nobody bothered to tell me that the cops will actually DELIVER a loaner gun to you if you need one. LOL!

All you gotta do is marry one....

Actually I think they were shacking up at the time

The dept had a reg against employees marrying another employee (she was a dispatcher)
So all the dept employees that fell in love just shacked up instead. The dept dropped that reg a few months later & they got married

I've seen a few dead ones here in Bartow County. The local paper even had a picture of one and a short article regarding them migrating this way.

Back
Top Bottom