• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Asked to return pistol purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems fishy
Been looking that long I would keep it unless he can find you a replacement at no cost to you if you would be happy with it. You have the receipt

My worries would be.
1. A minor in possession of a firearms that his parents had no clue about
2. Why did he have possession of it in the 1st place
3. Did the shop owner not do paperwork bc of the minor or the possibility it was stolen
4. He's a minor at the time he brought it in and has no claim for a firearm he couldn't legally own at the time.

or your keeping it and if he has quarrels about it you would be happy to contact and ask the ATF about said firearms sold from his shop to cover your ass. F a gun store that's into doing shady transactions and save us all from future dealings with a local shop that could jeopardize any one of us paw abiding gun owners

This thread was resurrected because the shady store that this guy bought this from and had terrible dealings with just joined us here on ODT last week.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/item-gone-fs-xm855-green-tip-ammo.886681/#post-4465685

I had a ridiculous run in with this guy when I went in there once and posted a thread about it a few months ago to see if anybody else had. Not to my surprise this guy is shady as hell and quite a few members here have unfortunately dealt with this ass clown, and had experiences just like mine.

Last edited:
I guess it my time to share my experience with this crooked SOB! About two years ago, when .223 and AR stuff was really hard to find, this guy had six fifty round boxes of .223. I thought about buying all 6 boxes, but decided I would only get 3 and leave three boxes for someone else. He had removed all six boxes from the shelf and placed them on the case in front of the wall. When I told him I would take just three boxes, he rearranged them for some reason. I didn't understand why until I got home and opened one of the boxes and found 12 rounds were missing. This is the reason for my question on his post today, asking if any of the ammo from the 1000 rounds had been removed. If he would remove 12 rounds from a box of fifty, how many do you think we're missing from the 1000 rounds. I'll be the first to tell you, 12 rounds of ammo is nothing, but it's the principle, and it don't do business with thieves, liars, and crooks. I normally don't talk bad about folks, but in his case I'll tell everyone I know. This idiot lost thousands of dollars in potential business over 12 rounds of .223. He obviously shouldn't be in business!
Oh, and this is Cherokee Trading company off of hwy 140, in Cherokee county I am referring to, I noticed this idiot was trying to act like it might have been Cherokee Gun and Pawn. I do business with Cherokee Gun and Pawn in Canton, and they have never tried to screw me over, and I will continue to buy from them, they are awesome!

I guess it my time to share my experience with this crooked SOB! About two years ago, when .223 and AR stuff was really hard to find, this guy had six fifty round boxes of .223. I thought about buying all 6 boxes, but decided I would only get 3 and leave three boxes for someone else. He had removed all six boxes from the shelf and placed them on the case in front of the wall. When I told him I would take just three boxes, he rearranged them for some reason. I didn't understand why until I got home and opened one of the boxes and found 12 rounds were missing. This is the reason for my question on his post today, asking if any of the ammo from the 1000 rounds had been removed. If he would remove 12 rounds from a box of fifty, how many do you think we're missing from the 1000 rounds. I'll be the first to tell you, 12 rounds of ammo is nothing, but it's the principle, and it don't do business with thieves, liars, and crooks. I normally don't talk bad about folks, but in his case I'll tell everyone I know. This idiot lost thousands of dollars in potential business over 12 rounds of .223. He obviously shouldn't be in business!
Oh, and this is Cherokee Trading company off of hwy 140, in Cherokee county I am referring to, I noticed this idiot was trying to act like it might have been Cherokee Gun and Pawn. I do business with Cherokee Gun and Pawn in Canton, and they have never tried to screw me over, and I will continue to buy from them, they are awesome!

Wow. When I saw your initial post in the other thread I already had a feeling something like this happened to you before hearing the story. I usually buy some ammo the first time I go into a store so the day I went in I was going to biy some .22 and a couple boxes of 9mm. He said all he had in 9 was a value pack for $95. This "value pack" was 5 boxes taped together (250 rounds) with packing tape and an old school printed price tag that he obviously puts on there. Then he would only sell me cheap .22 if I also bought some gold match expensive stuff with it. This is what lead me to post a thread about him and find out that everyone has had the same **** happen.

Last edited:
Wow. When I saw your initial post in the other thread I already had a feeling something like this happened to you before hearing the story. I usually buy some ammo the first time I go into a store so the day I went in I was going to biy some .22 and a couple boxes of 9mm. He said all he had in 9 was a value pack for $95. This "value pack" was 5 boxes taped together with packing tape and an old school printed price tag that he obviously puts on there. Then he would only sell me cheap .22 if I also bought some gold match expensive stuff with it. This is what lead me to post a thread about him and find out that everyone has had the same **** happen.
Wow, I can't believe this guy! I really haven't posted a whole lot about this guy on here in the past, but I didn't think he was on the ODT either. When I saw his post this morning, I thought the folks here need to know how he operates. I would advise anyone to avoid this guy, but if they couldn't stand it and had to buy ammo, I would stand there and count every round in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom