• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Asked to return pistol purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is really his obligation to return that weapon to the original guy who brought it in then he should buy it from you at YOUR PRICE!

I'm shocked that this thread has been resurrected! I was the guy that was asked to return the pistol. This was over two years ago. Yes I did return it and it for probably saved the guys FFL. I still think about it and probably should have kept it. I can tell you this. He paid me a reasonable price for the return and I could have asked for a lot more. I have seen the owner around several gun shows over the course of the last two years. Guy is a clown and I would recommend the good folks here avoid his shop. Some very shady dealings going on over there and I don't care to ever stop buy or see the jack*** anytime soon.

I skipped the middle and read both ends . I figured out who it is . I added him to my ignore list .

Last edited:
The owner needs to eat the cost of buying you a new one.

Once you have the replacement gun in your possession, return the first pistol to him.

^^^^This^^^^^ The only way I would return the gun is if I was given a replacement that I considered superior or enough cash to cover my time, effort and the cost of a suitable replacement.

I would keep the gun. The owner has a pretty fishy story. He probably found out how much the gun was really worth and wants to profit. If he failed to complete the paperwork that is on him. Even if the gun has been reported stolen, you have a BOS (geeze and you guys didn't think it mattered) so you are in the clear.

While I believe in Karma, I don't believe in being taken advantage.

If he is truly in fear of loosing his license, or even talking with the ATF about this situation, he'd be glad to find you a replacement.

Sounds to me like there be a little smoke a blowing.

TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom