• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Asked to return pistol purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day fellow members. Got a call today from a gun shop that I did business with around thanksgiving asking that I return a Ruger mark 2 that I had purchased. The owner explained that it was an abandoned gun that the owner had left there. Let me give you an idea about what he told me. Around 2 years ago a kid came into his shop with a Ruger mark 2 that was diss assembeled . He could not put it back together. The owner recognized that the kid was a minor and called his parents. The parents were shocked to know that the minor had a hand gun and said that they wanted nothing to do with it. Long story short, I saw it in the shop owners case and gave him $400 for it and have a receipt. Well low and behold the kid comes back 2 years later now that he is over 21 years old and demands his gun. The owner calls me and TELLS me to bring it back as he could potentially lose his license. He goes on to tell me that he did not file the proper paperwork for an abandoned firearm. Now here is the deal. I am a nice guy and like to keep my karma in tact but just the way this all played out has me irritated. The owner demanding that I bring the firearm immediately back? I do have a signed receipt and would like to keep it. BTW it's a Ruger Mark 2 Competition Target. Had been looking for one for 2 years. Now over $600 if you can find one. I feel like I am the one getting shafted here. Guys, I need input before I go any further. Hasselhoss, Laxguy, anyone please chime in. I'm a gun owner and collector for 30 years but never ran into this.
Very simple, replace gun or fork up $600 to buy a new one, if he sells guns and does not have $600 to save his license he is full of bull sssss.

I agree that the owner eat the cost and demand a new pistol. The shoddy paper work sham should be their problem. After you have the new pistol in your hands and a signed receipt then turn over the gun. They might have realized they sold it for less than it's worth and are scrambling to get it back. Trust no one. I bought an old gun one time at a garage sale and I got a good price on it. It wasn't like I stole it but it was great deal. When I spoke to the seller I ask are you sure you want to sell it for that. She replied " I am tired of looking at it and I just want it gone, I don't like guns ". So I paid for the rifle and went on about my business. About two weeks later she came over, she lived in my neighborhood and said she wanted the rifle back. I said I wanted it too and it was now mine.

Last edited:
i1.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_newsfeed_000_719_509_0ad.png

Once again for everybody that is commenting as if this were a current situation, This thread was resurrected because the ass clown that sold the stolen gun then demanded it back like an asshole, then bitched about it like he wasn't the one that did anything wrong just joined the ODT. he sells boxes of ammo with rounds removed from them and tries to rip off everyone he meets hoping they don't know what they are talking about. Cherokee Trading Co. is the name of his shop and his name on here. His shop is on hwy 140 in hickory flat woodstock.

Once again for everybody that is commenting as if this were a current situation, This thread was resurrected because the ass clown that sold the stolen gun then demanded it back like an asshole, then *****ed about it like he wasn't the one that did anything wrong just joined the ODT. he sells boxes of ammo with rounds removed from them and tries to rip off everyone he meets hoping they don't know what they are talking about. Cherokee Trading Co. is the name of his shop and his name on here. His shop is on hwy 140 in hickory flat woodstock.

I would be careful with public callouts....pretty sure they hit people with the ban-hammer for that

I see what you are saying, but I'm Pretty sure they don't want greasy slimeballs without an FFL using the dealer section of their site to screw people over either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom