ATI 1911-Good/Bad/ or what

Status
Not open for further replies.

144P&Y

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
296   0
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 45 by ATI and never heard anything about them.
Anyone own,or ever shot a 1911 by ATI?

I'm judt learning 1911s, and would be interested in this info as well. You could try 1911forum.com They tend to be a little more 1911(and variants)focussed.

They are not the most expensive like a Kimber or Les, but are still good quality guns for the money. I like the ones with dovetailed sights and extended beavertails. It's cheaper to get them already on the gun, instead of paying more to get them later and costing more than you would end you paying out of the box. IF they are pinned sights, you have to have the slide dovetailed and machined. Besides, most people hate itty bitty sights that arent much bigger than toothpicks lol.

I have had a few, and I have one now. Can't kill them, or choke them.

From a machining standpoint, they seem better than a Rock Island. By that, I mean they seem to pay a little more attention finishing them and they don thave as many tooling marks or unfinished edges on the internals. Not that it matters, just saying.

You can search youtube also, they seem to get high ratings and are pretty well regarded. But, as everyne says around here, your feelings, opinion, and experience may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom