• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attempt to keep predators like coons and possums out of my chicken pen using carpet tack installed on the top rail.

Oh c'mon, where are the pics????
chicken pen tac 2k.jpg
chicken pen tack.jpg

This pen I originally built for two outside dogs about 22yrs ago. It now works well as my hen pen with a henhouse inside for roosting and egg laying. I've seen possums climb the chain link to get in and out. Hopefully when they grab those really sharp tacks it will draw blood like it did me. The strips are sold individually, bags of 3 or a box of 100.

Hope it works. You might have to put something at the bottom of the fence as well to prevent them digging underneath
I have never had any animal try to dig under the fence. Possums or coons show up at night looking for an easy meal. I have two large Cane Corsos so I've never had fox or yotes try to get them. Mostly possums and an occasional coon.

This pen I originally built for two outside dogs about 22yrs ago. It now works well as my hen pen with a henhouse inside for roosting and egg laying. I've seen possums climb the chain link to get in and out. Hopefully when they grab those really sharp tacks it will draw blood like it did me. The strips are sold individually, bags of 3 or a box of 100.
Aren't you afraid the little devils will get Tetanus on those soon to be rusty nails......LOL

Aren't you afraid the little devils will get Tetanus on those soon to be rusty nails......LOL
Least of their worries. Those strips are no joke and would work to deter the two leg thieves away from the windows of your home as well. They grab a handful of those sharp tacks and plenty of DNA will be left

My neighbor lost all fourteen of his hens in a month. Possum crawl up and in the tree canopy and then came down a tree in the middle of the pen just like what you have…fence didn’t mean a thing to them.

Back
Top Bottom