• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**ATTENTION 1911A1 GURUS** Help Needed

If it was me I would not spend the money to change it back. The money is better used for ammo and/or reloading suppiles. Numbers don't match not much collector's value. Just a shooter gun.

Well I only have $480 into the gun.. an extra two hundred would bring it to $680 which still isn’t bad at all. I’d enjoy it a lot more if it was closer to its issued condition. Collector value may not be there but it’s more for my own historical satisfaction. Haha

That's why I did it. Easier to shoot on a sunny day as well. Plus it's tacticool.

I'm in kind of a similar situation myself. I recently had purchased a very rare and collectible Pachmayr Combat Special. It's in need of the slide being refinished (back to the original blued finish). My only concern is that if the slide is stripped down, I'm hoping I don't do away with the "pachmayr combat special" marking on the slide itself. Hopefully this process will not affect the markings? I'm using extreme caution on this one.

I'm in kind of a similar situation myself. I recently had purchased a very rare and collectible Pachmayr Combat Special. It's in need of the slide being refinished (back to the original blued finish). My only concern is that if the slide is stripped down, I'm hoping I don't do away with the "pachmayr combat special" marking on the slide itself. Hopefully this process will not affect the markings? I'm using extreme caution on this one.
Well i guess it depends on how prominent the markings are? I know gunsmiths often go over the markings again to make them deeper during the restoration process also.

Well i guess it depends on how prominent the markings are? I know gunsmiths often go over the markings again to make them deeper during the restoration process also.

Just trying to decide if the restoration is worth the cost. I'll post the link from GB that I had purchased this pistol from. Even though the listing is closed. You can still click on the pictures. Just looking for some 2 cents.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/797700684

Well I only have $480 into the gun.. an extra two hundred would bring it to $680 which still isn’t bad at all. I’d enjoy it a lot more if it was closer to its issued condition. Collector value may not be there but it’s more for my own historical satisfaction. Haha

I agree with you! Good luck, hope you find someone who does an awesome job for you!

Back
Top Bottom