• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attention Price Gougers!

Your kidding right? I know people are still listing them with a 50% or more mark up but are people still buying them? If so, are they mentally ill?!?!

I think you are severly under-estimating the number of idiots out there... I would guess a full 70% of the new guys in the last 3 months would be willing to spend $1200 for a SOTA/NFA POS -or- comment in the ad what a great deal / price this is and how it will be "gone soon"... just saying ;)

I think you are severly under-estimating the number of idiots out there... I would guess a full 70% of the new guys in the last 3 months would be willing to spend $1200 for a SOTA/NFA POS -or- comment in the ad what a great deal / price this is and how it will be "gone soon"... just saying ;)

Man your hard on the new guys. We are not all idiots. I wouldn't pay $1200 but if it was listed for $1199... well that is a totally different story. :wacko:

Man your hard on the new guys. We are not all idiots. I wouldn't pay $1200 but if it was listed for $1199... well that is a totally different story. :wacko:

Not at all, the new guys I've met have been awesome and a lot of them (like yourself) are active members and needed to keep the ODT going. If you look at ALL the posts from new guys over the last few months I think you will find that a large number are either... 1) trying to offload crap at crazy prices or 2) Panicking and trying to buy stuff at whatever crazy prices. Those people will hit the site like it's craigslist and be gone when their transaction is over... yep, 70% looks about right...

I see you in the 30% ;)

im waiting on my $600 ar when all the gougers have to dump their stock piles.

I think you are wrong. My opinion is that most of the guys overpaying were doing so because they procrastinated buying an AR and could afford to overpay. I believe they will keep their overpriced ARs and be very happy with their decision. Sure, there may be a few who over extended themselves, but I seriously doubt we will see a big glut of 600 dollar ARs.

Not at all, the new guys I've met have been awesome and a lot of them (like yourself) are active members and needed to keep the ODT going. If you look at ALL the posts from new guys over the last few months I think you will find that a large number are either... 1) trying to offload crap at crazy prices or 2) Panicking and trying to buy stuff at whatever crazy prices. Those people will hit the site like it's craigslist and be gone when their transaction is over... yep, 70% looks about right...

I see you in the 30% ;)

I am actually in agreement with you but I hate that I am new like them. There are a lot of new guys out there either A) taking advantage of the situation trying to make a quick buck on the insecurities of uneducated individuals that become desperate in the time of panic or B) Are those uneducated individuals that buy everything at those ridiculous and cause these guys to keep selling. I am not sure if I should feel bad for them or laugh at them. Either way I just wish that they both would go away so we can get everything back to normal. Now before everyone jumps on about how it is a free market and how everything is about supply and demand, I fully understand the concept of free market economics but fair pricing and gouging are 2 totally different things. Making a profit is one thing but doubling and tripling your money is just Highway Robbery. My understanding was that this was supposed to be a community site not a retail store run by the Mob. Now Yes I know.. I am :deadhorse:

It hasn't ended yet.... I found a upper on here.... then I decided to do a little research before making an offer. I found the same stripped upper brand new for $85 less. So just to make sure I was looking at the same thing.... I asked him and PM'd the guy asking if his upper was the same one, by part number. I just found the item listed again.... of course without my question.... and he never answered me.... apparently I caught another gouger.....

I am actually in agreement with you but I hate that I am new like them. There are a lot of new guys out there either A) taking advantage of the situation trying to make a quick buck on the insecurities of uneducated individuals that become desperate in the time of panic or B) Are those uneducated individuals that buy everything at those ridiculous and cause these guys to keep selling. I am not sure if I should feel bad for them or laugh at them. Either way I just wish that they both would go away so we can get everything back to normal. Now before everyone jumps on about how it is a free market and how everything is about supply and demand, I fully understand the concept of free market economics but fair pricing and gouging are 2 totally different things. Making a profit is one thing but doubling and tripling your money is just Highway Robbery. My understanding was that this was supposed to be a community site not a retail store run by the Mob. Now Yes I know.. I am :deadhorse:

The big difference is that you wouldn't see the Supporter icon for the craiglisters :) Glad to have ya on the site man.

Yah there gougers are out there local pawn shop wanting $2100 for a bare AR I told him he was smoking the cheap stuff and walked out he said the gun ban was coming and that's why and I told him to watch the news that was dropped lol and I've noticed at different places the prices are coming down seen one the other day new for $1000 cash can't wait for the ammo to start coming back in and the prices drop wanna goto the range again :(

I think you are wrong. My opinion is that most of the guys overpaying were doing so because they procrastinated buying an AR and could afford to overpay. I believe they will keep their overpriced ARs and be very happy with their decision. Sure, there may be a few who over extended themselves, but I seriously doubt we will see a big glut of 600 dollar ARs.
what about all the douchebags who bought a bunch of lower end stock ars for the purpose of relisting?

Back
Top Bottom