• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attorney Referral

iAm22lr

Wolf Icon Supporter
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
Anyone have a referral for an attorney that can handle a dispute involving the Georgia Department of Health, septic installer and soil test engineer? I have a septic system that failed since the initial installation and all three put the blame on the other. Proposed solution is me paying $20,000 for a "fix". I am told I need a "land use" attorney - no idea. Appreciate any and all recommendations.

Anyone have a referral for an attorney that can handle a dispute involving the Georgia Department of Health, septic installer and soil test engineer? I have a septic system that failed since the initial installation and all three put the blame on the other. Proposed solution is me paying $20,000 for a "fix". I am told I need a "land use" attorney - no idea. Appreciate any and all recommendations.

Has the system already been installed? Based on the post I assume it was, which begs the question of how it was installed without prior approval/permitting. If it was approved and permitted then why is DPH involved? Need a little more back story here.

Has the system already been installed? Based on the post I assume it was, which begs the question of how it was installed without prior approval/permitting. If it was approved and permitted then why is DPH involved? Need a little more back story here.
DPH signs off on the perc test stating the requirements for the system

Yes, it's installed. DPH selected the install location for the system when the permit was pulled, the selection was based on the results of the soil test. DPH also listed the day of the install and inspected everything prior to the installed covering everything with soil. DPH now says it was installed in "bad soil", the soil guy says it should have never been installed in the location it was, septic guy points the finger at DPH, and DPH says the septic guy should have know when he installed it that it was bad soil. They all suck, TBH.

Yes, it's installed. DPH selected the install location for the system when the permit was pulled, the selection was based on the results of the soil test. DPH also listed the day of the install and inspected everything prior to the installed covering everything with soil. DPH now says it was installed in "bad soil", the soil guy says it should have never been installed in the location it was, septic guy points the finger at DPH, and DPH says the septic guy should have know when he installed it that it was bad soil. They all suck, TBH.
In Floyd county, The soil scientist reports on the soil type and maps out location of accepable area.
This is used to get permit. DPH comes to site to verify site plan to ensure area is flagged correctly. DPH uses soil scientist report to determine how much field line is required. If the soil scientist listed soil type incorrectly
he would be the responsible one. DPH only uses his report for soil type and amount of needed field lines.

Gotcha, making sense now. DPH approves individual inspectors per Region and an attorney will likely request another approved inspector for secondary opinion. I’ll link the list below if you need it. DPH was correct in pointing it at the septic guy as any deviation from the report he finds during excavation should have been a red flag and reported. You may experience a drastic change in just a few feet from an area previously cored/sampled. That said, a thorough soil analysis by a good inspector should, key word there, locate those areas based on the topography and previous experiences.

In Floyd county, The soil scientist reports on the soil type and maps out location of accepable area.
This is used to get permit. DPH comes to site to verify site plan to ensure area is flagged correctly. DPH uses soil scientist report to determine how much field line is required. If the soil scientist listed soil type incorrectly
he would be the responsible one. DPH only uses his report for soil type and amount of needed field lines.

This has been my experience as well on the GC side. Ultimately the **** is going to run downhill on this, no pun intended. Hate it for the OP.

Back
Top Bottom