• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Augusta area guys...any interest in a meet and greet?

strongtactics

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Governor
255   0
Reaction score
Ok, for you fellas in the Augusta Richmond County area and just beyond, such as... Columbia County, Grovetown, Harlem, Dearing, Evans, Martinez, Burke County, Waynesboro, Hephzibah, Lincolnton, Lincoln County, Thomson, McDuffie County, Jefferson County, Louisville, Wrens, Warrenton, Warren County...AND ANYONE IN THE EAST GEORGIA AREA...is there any interest in a meet and greet somewhere near Augusta?

I see these ODT guys in and around the Atlanta area and other places getting HUGE responses for their meet and greets. I KNOW, believe me, I know, that the Augusta area membership is lower and a lot less active on the trade boards. But I thought maybe a meet and greet (to include you guys bringing some of your items for sale or trade) could give that a boost. We could also trade business cards and make other contacts that could be beneficial for general services and such.

I have no idea where we could do this or anything at the moment, I am just hoping to get some numbers of who might be interested. If we genuinely have enough interest, I will see about seeking out a decent door prize for someone (no promises, just thinking out loud). I believe a few years ago there was an ar15 given away at one of these that was built on donated parts...

General ideas:
1) Go somewhere that we can seat a decent number of people to eat and
2) Go somewhere that we can look at each other's for sale and trade items without drawing the ire of the general public

Please just respond in this thread with a response if this would be of interest to you so I can get a GENERAL idea of how many we MIGHT have. I realize life is busy-we all have families, jobs, kids, etc etc etc. But maybe if we set aside like 2-3 hours on a Saturday, we can make some of those sales/trades and all happen and finally put a face with some of the names here.

Plus I owe Eglock86 Eglock86 a charging handle anyway....

@eeller1220
mattlbs mattlbs

Sounds like fun. I have a 70 acre farm in Tignall with a big barn that we could use if we can't find something else. It's a bit of a drive for the Columbia/Richmond County folks but we won't get hassled by anyone for shooting.

Attachments

• 95595610.jpeg
    95595610.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom