• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Auto Parts Counter Guys...

I needed blinkers for my bike.. went to dealership and parts guy could only find 2 left blinkers.. I argued with him that a blinker is a blinker.. 2 lefts would work.. they look exactly the same.. now am I wrong in my thinking?

RockAuto...

The local parts stores have been a joke for the last 15-20 years. They used to hire guys with dirt under their nails. Now they hire hippies with skin burns and the faint smell of cooking oil.
Now the hires seem to be mostly very young, and often female who don't know much more than what color a car is

I moved to Alabama in 76. I was 16 and had a Suzuki motocross bike. Needed some parts. Went to Suzuki shop and counter guy didn’t have a clue. I had to go behind the counter and show this guy what I needed. This was way before internet. Had some kind of film with diagrams. Suprising they always had the parts I needed. Now days they are a mega dealer.
Microfiche... mixed paint that way back in the early 70’s at NAPA
Martin Senour paint

When I worked the parts counter we used catalogs. No computer asking stupid questions.

Same here... You had to know parts back then. You had to know which vendor catalog to go to and where that catalog was located in that 4-6 ft long rack of catalogs not including the ones under the counter.

Back
Top Bottom